Thank you for your interest to guest blog for Kenya Geographic. You are a few steps from joining our team of writers. As a Kenya Geographic writer, you develop engaging content for our Safiri Kenya blog. The blog has a number of topics you can choose from including local recipes, film, conservation, Kenyan culture and so on
You probably have written many high-quality travel articles, but you have not been able to find a good place to share them with others. At Kenya Geographic we give you the opportunity to be published in a reputable award-winning website where your stories will be read by thousands of readers around the world.
Kenya Geographic publishes original pieces in the area of travel, tourism and conservation in Kenya.
By submitting content to Kenya Geographic, you enjoy the following 9 benefits:
- Free advertising: Your article, if considered, will be published FREE of charge on our website. The article will then be syndicated through our rapidly growing social media platform including Facebook (2,794 Likes), Twitter (3,801 Followers) and LinkedIn (2,235 connections). This will give you much-needed visibility at no cost to you. Just ensure your articles are of high quality!
- Viral marketing: This can be a gold mine. You publish one article to a directory and that same article can begin appearing on countless other websites. This technology is called RSS (Really Simple Syndication). RSS feeds are so popular nowadays that you can gain an amazing amount of traffic by simply submitting an article to a directory. The power of RSS is simply amazing. At Kenya Geographic we have our own RSS feed that in turn syndicates to other major RSS lists.
- Boost your personal and business credibility: Publishing your articles on Kenya Geographic boosts your credibility and begins the trust cycle with your readership. For many authors, being listed with Kenya Geographic is an excellent way to get started, especially if you are hoping to be a published author.
- Bring traffic to your site: The distributing of your articles results in allowing anyone to read it. This alone gives you an opportunity to pick up business that you could not even begin to market for. Imagine if your article about a top holiday destination in Kenya was spotted and republished in a leading travel magazine.
- Generate sales and leads without having a site: Even if you do not own a website, having an article online can act as your website. Just make sure your article is well written and does not sound too commercial. Your article can be an example of your business and can include contact information like your email address to allow potential clients to reach you. Again, make sure you include your bio to let people know who you are.
- Exposure to hundreds of thousands of Kenya Geographic’ visitors: Your articles can be viewed by the thousands of visitors who visit Kenya Geographic every month.
- Reach the unreachable: Submit articles to Kenya Geographic and reach those customers who you could not reach before. The more quality articles you have, the more likely those readers are to come to your website.
- Get continuous traffic to your website for years: We do not remove articles that have been submitted to Kenya Geographic, which means that your articles can continue to bring traffic to your site for years to come. Your articles may get picked up and reprinted years later.
- Join one of the fastest growing sites in Kenya: Kenya Geographic grew tenfold just last year! That means more readers for you and more opportunities for exposure.
Submitted content is reviewed by our editorial team and must meet the following guidelines:
- Content must be useful to our readers (e.g. offering helpful tips, advice or new information in the area of tourism, travel and conservation).
- Content must be of the highest quality in terms of grammar and creativity.
- Content must not include marketing-related links and must not be entirely self-promotional.
- Content may include links to your website and blog in a brief author’s bio (approximately 3 sentences), which will be published at the end of your contribution.
- All content must be original and may not have been published elsewhere online already. All submissions will be verified for originality using Copyscape.com or Plagium.com.
- Content that is approved for publishing will be published without notice. Please check the website and blog periodically to see if your content has been featured.
The first step in this application is to submit a sample TRAVEL article. This will be used by our editors to evaluate your eligibility to guest blog for Kenya Geographic. We only accept tourism-related articles that are strictly on Kenya.
The second step involves an approval sent to you within 48 hours via the email you provided during your sample submission with instructions on how to set up a writer account with us. We will not publish the sample article without your approval. If you do not hear from us in this time then your submission was not successful – that does not mean the end of the world though! It means you have a chance to try another time.
Thank you once more for your interest to write for Kenya Geographic. We look forward to hearing from you soon!